IRELAND | Shannon | Shannon Airport
A ground support facility at Shannon International Airport, supporting trips throughout Ireland and offering fast assistance for U.S. pre-clearance flights
My team and I would like to extend a warm Irish welcome to you here at Shannon Airport. The comfort and safety of your crew, passengers and aircraft are of the utmost importance to us. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and efficiency, and on making Shannon feel like a home from home.
Our Operations Office, VIP Lounge and Crew Business Center are all located within Shannon Airport’s main terminal building, which allows us to achieve ultra quick turnaround times.
We are proud of our airport and want you to be, too. Shannon was the first airport in the world to offer duty-free and the first location outside of North America to offer U.S. customs pre-clearance. We are the only airport in Ireland open all year. We have no noise policy, no slots and no restrictions. We are tax- and VAT-free and we have one of the longest runways in Europe.
Come and sample our legendary Irish hospitality and excellent customer service. While you’re here, we hope you might also have time to explore a little of what our beautiful country has to offer.
Universal Aviation Ireland – Shannon
Three different ways we can take care of your
ground support needs throughout Ireland
Ground support capabilities
|Customs and immigration?||Yes – Irish and US Pre-Clearance – Daily 0900-1700 Local|
|Contract fuel available?||Yes|
|Conference rooms?||Yes – on request|
|Limousine service and car rental?||Yes|
|Crew accommodation arrangements?||Yes|
|Maintenance?||Yes – by arrangement|
|Direct ramp access?||Yes|
|Computerized worldwide weather briefings?||Yes|
|Additional services||Potable water; ground power, air cart; towing/pushback; passenger steps, beltloader hi-loader, airbridge de-icing; customs and immigration- both Irish and U.S. pre-clearance|
|ACAS/TCAS II:||Required for turbine engine aircraft with MTOW exceeding 15,000 kg or more than 30 pax seats|
|ICAO Annex 16, Chapter II:||No restrictions|
|8.33 MHz channel spacing:||Required|
|Airport fire protection category:||EINN: 9|
Directions to airport
Once on the main airport road, continue as if going to the main terminal building. Carry on past the terminal building (one-way system); immediately after arrivals, there is a coach park which connects to the Link Corridor.
Directions to office
After exiting arrivals, while still in the main terminal, turn left. Carry on past the Bank of Ireland, and you are now in the Link Corridor. Pass through the double doors; our office is approximately 10 yards on your left.
Facility contact information
Universal Aviation Ireland – Shannon
Republic of Ireland
|Hours of operation||0800 – 2200 (24 hours on request)|
|VIP passenger lounge?||Yes|
|VIP crew lounge?||Yes – plus a crew business center|
|Prayer room?||Yes – can be arranged|
|Hangarage?||Yes – upon request|
|Oxygen Service Available?||Yes with 24 hours notice|
U.S. border pre-clearance
What is U.S. border pre-clearance?
U.S. customs and border pre-clearance is the process by which international flights bound for the U.S. are able to undergo all necessary customs and immigrations checks prior to landing on U.S. soil. On arrival at one of more than 200 airports in the U.S., crew and passengers are then classed as domestic travelers and are therefore not subject to potentially lengthy clearances and delays.
Shannon Airport is currently the only European airport to offer U.S. customs pre-clearance to private aircraft.
- Speedy U.S. disembarkation – Fast and hassle-free arrivals procedure after touching down in the U.S.
- Quick turnaround – Shannon’s pre-clearance process averages just 60 minutes from chocks on to chocks off
- Ideal refueling location – As a duty- and tax-free zone, Shannon Airport offers some of the cheapest fuel in Europe, making it an ideal stopover destination
- Discreet VIP service – Shannon’s newly reconfigured terminal building allows passengers to move quickly and discreetly from their plane to a private VIP screening area
- Crew handovers – Shannon offers excellent arrangements for crew handovers, with the luxurious five-star Dromoland Castle Hotel and Country Estate a ten-minute drive away
- Support staff – Universal Aviation’s ground support team were the first to welcome flights to Shannon under the new pre-clearance system, and their expertise ensures travelers are able to resume their onward journey with minimal delay
- Convenience – Shannon Airport can cater for any size of aircraft 24 hours a day, has very short taxi times, and offers a real understanding of the needs of business travelers
To enquire about U.S. pre-clearance for your next trip, click here.
To view the full operational information regarding the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process, click here.
Recent posts about operating in Ireland
- Feed has no items.